10 November 2009

All Keith wants for Christmas is a No.1

27th September 2008

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/news-gossip/all-keith-wants-for-christmas-is-a-no1-1484233.html

Keith Duffy is hoping for a number one Christmas single for Boyzone with their second single since they reformed. In early December, they are to release a version of Better, which was originally performed by singer-songwriter Tom Baxter.

"I think it's an absolutely brilliant song," Keith said, "and despite the obvious competition from whoever wins the X Factor, I could still see it topping the charts. It's fantastic."

Meanwhile, their debut comeback single Love You Anyway will hit the shops on Monday, but Keith is disappointed with an apparent lack of support for it in this country.

"You can't turn on the radio in Britain without hearing it, it's A-listed on every station. But I haven't heard it once yet on Irish radio. I suppose we're going to have to have a big hit with it in the UK before they start playing it here."

Speaking at the launch of a travelling exhibition of paintings for the Irish Autism Action charity, Keith said that he was delighted at the news that Boyzone would be the first act to perform in the new O2 venue when the group open the Childline charity event there on December 16. "Organiser Caroline Downey has asked myself and Stephen [Gately] to co-host it, which we have done in the past. I've seen the new venue and it looks fabulous."

While they won't be touring again until next year, Keith is still pumping iron and working out to stay in shape. "I lost five inches off my waist and I'm not going to stop now.

"My trainer would be very disappointed, he's very tough with me. But I had to lose the weight, otherwise I would have looked like a security man dancing onstage alongside Ronan, Stephen and Mikey."

Keith, whose daughter Mia has autism, runs the annual Irish Autism Action Ball in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham. This year, 10 time-related paintings by some of the country's top artists are to be auctioned. The time-theme is to tie in with how vital it is to diagnose autism in children at an early age.

The paintings by Graham Knuttel, Hilary Orpen and Pauline Bewick, among others, go under the hammer in Kilmainham on December 6. Before then they will be on show in Cork, Limerick and Naas, once their current run in Dublin's Residence is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment