10 November 2009

It all kicks off in Fair City tonight as Boyzone's Keith Duffy makes a knock-out appearance

20th November 2008

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/it-all-kicks-off-in-fair-city-tonight-as-boyzones-keith-duffy-makes-a-knockout-appearance-1546692.html

Fair City actor Alan O'Neill has warned fans of the soap to watch out -- "it's all gonna kick off tonight".

O'Neill's character Keith will be involved in a bar brawl with his old pal Ringo, played by Keith Duffy.

Speaking about the punch up, which will leave O'Neill's character flat on his back, the actor explains: "Basically, we were best friends a long time ago and then Ringo headed off to tour around the world with a rock band.

"When he comes back to Carrigstown, it turns out he's dating Una's sister.

"She's been around the block a couple of times so I'm pretty much like, yeah, whatever -- then, when it turns out it's Ringo, we go at it.

Push

"He pushes me and lays me out on my back -- I tell you, he does throw quite a punch but I gave as good as I got," he laughed.

And despite Keith's worldwide fame, Alan claims he wasn't in the least bit nervous about working with the star.

"I had met him several times before on the social scene, so I did know him although I wouldn't say we were best pals or anything.

"I thought he was really great on the show and I really enjoyed working with him, we had a great laugh together.

"To be honest, he came in and absolutely aced it, there are a lot of twists coming up but I can't say anything just yet -- viewers will just have to tune in and see for themselves," he added.

And while Alan appears to be nonplussed by Keith's primary career as a Boyzone star, he does admit he's had a few request for autographs from eager friends and family members.

"I've had all the Boyzone followers on to me," he revealed. "Everyone is hoping I'll give them an introduction.

"I wouldn't say my wife has been the worst, but you know yourself what women are like," he laughed.

Alan, who's currently busy shooting his Christmas scenes for the hit soap, has never been busier on set and claims fans won't want to miss the show this festive season.
Busy

"We've been so busy lately because we're shooting double episodes at the moment to get ready for Christmas.

"I'm involved in a lot of the scenes because myself and Una have some very big storylines coming up," he added

No comments:

Post a Comment