10 November 2009

We'll rock Docklands' O2 to kick off our world tour - Boyzone's Keith

September 10th 2008

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/well-rock-docklands-o2-to-kick-off-our-world-tour--boyzones-keith-1473102.html

Boyzone will be rocking their fans once more when they continue their reunion tour with a performance in Dublin's new O2 arena.

Not content with their run of sell-out concerts over the summer, the Diary can reveal that the famous five will play a one-off gig at the impressive new Docklands venue early next year.

The guys will be following in the footsteps of superstars like Coldplay and Tina Turner as they kick-start their world tour at Harry Crosbie's revamped Point Theatre followed by a string of international dates.

Keith Duffy told the Diary that Ronan, himself, Stephen, Mikey and Shane have a busy few months ahead with the forthcoming release of their first new single in nearly a decade, Love You Anyway.

"We're off to Germany, Belgium, Holland and Italy and then we're home for Christmas and then we have our world tour starting in Ireland in the old Point and then going to places like the UK and New Zealand. It's crazy," he admitted.

And it's a good thing that the former Corrie star is enjoying being back with the lads so much -- he turned down some seriously juicy TV roles due to his touring commitments.

"I've been offered so many new roles, it's just been unbelievable. I was approached by the makes of the new Robin Hood show on ITV1 and I would love to do it but I can't.

nagging

"I was also approached by the BBC for another show but I just can't do it. There's also various Irish dramas I was offered that I was thinking of doing -- life's good. Unfortunately, I can't do any of it because I'm so tied up with Boyzone but the offers have been coming in left, right and centre."

Yet Dubliner Keith insists that he is more than happy to make the re-formed group his number one priority right now.

"At the end of the day, Boyzone is what gave me the opportunities to be able to go into the other areas so I have to give it my full respect and attention and do it as long as it lasts. It's going on longer than we ever expected and to be honest, I'm loving it," he continued.

"I'm loving being with the boys and enjoying being back with my mates again -- we're like bold children together. People ask me, 'What it's like being back in Boyzone?' and it's like being on a boys' holiday -- but without the nagging when you to home!

"It's going brilliantly."

Hailed as Ireland's first ever boyband, the lads first formed in 1994 and scored 16 consecutive hits in the UK, including six No.1 singles and four No.1 albums.

They split in 2000 when frontman Ronan Keating decided to go solo but announced last November, after months of intense negotiations, that they would get back together.

After playing massive venues such as London's O2 Arena and Dublin's RDS, they appear to be well on track to reclaim their previous success.

They will launch new single Love You Anyway on September 29, followed by a Greatest Hits album which is due out in the middle of October.

Keith added: "The new single is on the playlist of every radio station and I think we're going to have a No.1 with it.

"It's a cracking song."

No comments:

Post a Comment